Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What is it?

Steve_175 Member Posts: 238
From the North Bennett St web site. They are moving into the old printing building in Boston.

In case you missed the facebook post of this image, this equipment is under the stairwell in the basement. The plan is to leave it as an artifact of the old printing plant. When it was posted on facebook under the headline ‘What is it?’ Several people responded. Some ideas:

compressors for an old pneumatic zoning system for heat

vacuum pumps used to keep plate films in register

steam powered electricity generators

<a href="http://www.nbss.edu/about/news/a-new-home-for-nbss/index.aspx?utm_source=February+2013+News&utm_campaign=February+NEWS&utm_medium=email">http://www.nbss.edu/about/news/a-new-home-for-nbss/index.aspx?utm_source=February+2013+News&utm_campaign=February+NEWS&utm_medium=email</a>
This discussion has been closed.