Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Slow Leak

Options
Tom_133
Tom_133 Member Posts: 885
So I have a big snowmelt system with a hot tub on it as well. It is a closed system with no makeup water and has an antifreeze mixture in it set at about 35PSI (50PSI PRV'S).

It loses about 10 PSI a month and I think it's in one of the outside manifolds. This is the wrong time of year to do a lot of testing to figure out which is the naughty one. So is there a way to put a make up on the system that would pull from a premixed 5 gallon pail? Sounds hokey I know but it would save the pesky trouble calls. I am nervous about letting it use fresh water for makeup in case it dilutes it too much. Any thoughts?
Tom
Montpelier Vt

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    One way:

One way is to use a Well Extrol, connected to a Watts 1156 PRV/boiler feeder. You need a larger size like a WX 203 with some volume. Have a way to pump the anti-freeze solution into the tank/high pressure system. Then, disconnect the solution from the potable water system unless you use a 9D back-flow device. When the pressure drops, it will add solution. There are commercial systems you can buy but I don't know what they cost nor have I ever used one.

You still have to check the pressure, but it will add solution to cover what is lost.

What's with the Hot Tub connected to it?

If you're running 35#, you don't need to loose much to get a 10# drop in pressure. You know how much solution you are adding?
This discussion has been closed.