Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit


Has anyone heard of or used Kharbonics?

Supposedly, it is a flexible adhesive-backed graphite foil that is used in place of a heat emission plate.

I have a brochure on it but am not able to find any other info or references to it what-so-ever.


  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited January 2013
    graphite plates is the only one I'm aware of, though not self-adhesive. brought up two links to PDFs, but neither works.  The domain appears to be parked.
  • Karl_Northwind
    Karl_Northwind Member Posts: 139

    I have a couple of rolls with the old adhesive in my office, awaiting install in my house.  I'm going to do half with the kharbonic and half with Uponor joist trak.  same loop lengths, same temps.  then I'm going to shoot them with the IR camera.

    it does exist, but other than that, I have nothing to report yet. 

  • pipeking
    pipeking Member Posts: 252
    i would

    love to see the IR pics! so i'm assuming the graghit rolls cover the entire floor not just under the tubing?
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,514

    Is 30% more than an extruded is the performance that much greater?? I can see flexibility of the plate itself in some situations being advantageous. Other than that I'm not impressed.
This discussion has been closed.