Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Combustion Analyzer

Tom_133
Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
Hey Guys,

I currently have a Wohler e335 and it works ok. I like it because the calibration time through my wholesaler is 3 days, which means less down time. I don't like how slow it is when reacting to tuning changes. This may just be the way they all are, but I typically wait 60-90 seconds and then finally it starts to change. My question is I need a back up unit, and was curious if anyone else is using a wohler, UEI, Bacharach, etc that they like. Oh, and how important the upgrade to a NOx kit would be?
Tom
Montpelier Vt

Comments

• ColoradoDave
    ColoradoDave Member Posts: 54
    Tech 60

I like my Bach Tech 60.  It's about 10 years old and has always seemed to very well for me. The O2 sensor gets changed out about every 5 years per the manufacturer's suggestion.

My boss carries a UEI on his truck... and it's only 2 years old has had to be sent for repair 3 times, fortunately the first two times was under warranty, but still.

We get them both calibrated every 6 months to a year. 
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Bought a UEI Eagle X about a year ago

5 years of calibration and refurb (including sensors) included.  Nice machine, quite different than their earlier stuff.  NOx option can be added at any time with a trip to the factory.  Opted for the BlueTooth option instead of a printer - app generates an email on my phone, which is better than paper in my world.
  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    60 Seconds?

My econometer reacts instantly almost instantly. Thats very strange.. So, if you have the probe in the stack and open / close the air gate you need to wait 60 seconds to see the numbers change? Thats very strange indeed. Mine numbers change instantly. Sure, the stack temp is always on the rise unless you let it run 15 minutes so the numbers never become 100% stable but it reacts instantly.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    CO

My CO sensor is quite quick, but the Co2 and the o2 is super slow. Of course those are the ones you want to be quicker. It stinks on a small single zone system when you need to lock it in high fire and just as the numbers start coming back it shuts off! because its at high limit! That is enough to make me spend almost any amount on a good fast analyzer.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
This discussion has been closed.