Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil-mclain ,electronic igniton boiler, operating, house not reaching desired temperature,

gianluca1
gianluca1 Member Posts: 1
Good Afternoon,

I have a Weil-Mclain CGI-7, hot water system.  The boiler seems to be operating normal, the problem is that the house is only maintaining a temperature of 65 degrees regardless of how high i raise the temperature on the thermostat. 

Temperature of boiler has been risen to 180 degrees

boiler is three months old.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    What

Is the temperature difference between boiler supply out to the system and the boiler return? Please post pics of the boiler piping?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    temperature

Are You saying the boiler guage is showing 180* or are You saying that the temperature control ( aquastat ) was raised to 180*?

If the second is true what is the boiler temp on the guage?

There are two larger pipes coming off of the boiler - one off of the top the other off of the side. Carefully touch the pipe coming off of the side. Is it so hot that You can't touch it? Is it about the same temp as the pipe coming off the top. ( be carefull )

Take pictures of the boiler piping and any zone valves you have.
  • pipeking
    pipeking Member Posts: 252
    pics would be nice>>

do u have a zone control w/pumps? zone valves? inderect wh?
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    thermostat problem?

try replacing the batteries in the thermostat. i had a problem where everything seemed normal, but the furnace would not keep the temperature over 55 degrees. there was no message on the display about a battery problem, but changing the batteries brought evrything back to life.--nbc
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 904
    Hard to say

It could be alot of things, I would lean toward a pump issue. If the boiler is up to temp but house is cool and not heating well, then there is a laundry list of possibilities. Need more info.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Burnerboy2
    Burnerboy2 Member Posts: 26
    AIR IN BASEBOARD

Did you bleed out all the air in the baseboard(s)??

re-bleed again, if possible........

Ronnie
This discussion has been closed.