Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CPH setting

jim_51
jim_51 Member Posts: 69
I have a Viesmann Vitogas 100 gas boiler with copper fin tube baseboard. What should the CPH be set at on the Thermostat?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    CPH Setting:

CPH Setting  (Cycles Per Hour). Isn't it in the installation manual? Without looking for mine, I think it is 3 or 4, with 3 being more likely. 4 being for warm air systems.

I think.
  • pipeking
    pipeking Member Posts: 252
    mine is..

set to 3. with a c.i. and i have 2 stats so theer is the patentail for my boiler to run every 10min, and it has it sucks.

u know when a t stat calls, the boiler fires. would it be more economical for the boiler only to fire on lo temp. but also having the the circ cut out at lo temp (to keep the tankless hot).
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited January 2013
    CPH/Settings:

I hear my thermostat "click" all the timer and the boiler doesn't start. It sounds like your settings somewhere are wrong or your boiler needs to run. Maybe your differential needs to be spread more. The boiler won't fire if it is off on high limit, no matter what you set the cycles per hour at. Maybe you need to set the thermostat to "2". Or even "1". I have 5 thermostats with Zone Valves and the boiler isn't starting and stopping because they are mostly set back to 58 degrees right now and two are set to 68 degrees.
  • jim_51
    jim_51 Member Posts: 69
    CPH setting

Thanks Does anyone know what the correct CPH setting would be on the thermostat for a Vitogas 100 Boiler with Copper tubed fin? Thanks much
This discussion has been closed.