Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus control conflict?

Options
I have a Buderus Logano G115 unit, with Logamatic R2107 controller.  It runs 2 zones, one of which has a Buderus room sensor, which is the one I'm inquiring about.  I have 3 questions:

1. The R2107 runs my chosen heating program.  I understand how the Day and Night and AUT buttons on the room sensor work, but don't understand how the dial on the room sensor works with the program in the R2107.  For example, if my PROGRAM on any given day and time says that the desired temp is 70, but I turn the room sensor dial to another number (say, 76), what happens with this conflict?

2. I seem to be burning through a lot of oil.  Roughly 200 gallons every 7 weeks (yes, it's a cold winter here on Long Island, NY, but nothing too unusual.  My house is only about 2,000 s.f., and well-insulated).  A friend suggested that the night setback of 7 degrees may be too big, and that if I dial that back to, say, 4 degrees, maybe it won't have to work so had in the morning to bring it back up, resulting in an oil savings.  Is the 7 degree default setback based on some efficiency study, or is it human-comfort-based? 

3.  What is the difference between my current Buderus room sensor and a programmable thermostat?  If I were to replace the room sensor with a programmable thermostat, does a conflict arise between the controller program and the thermostat program?  Is there a way around that if I do install a programmable therm?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    I Have a Similar Setup

I didn't like that deep a setback and changed it.

1. The 2107 will raise the boiler water temperature. Try running in just the "day" mode, not automatic that will eliminate the setback. That's what I do during cold spells, like the one we're currently having.

2. I used 80 gallons from 1/1 to 1/23 ( Long Island 2000 sq. ft.)

3. The room sensor tells the 2107 what the indoor temp is and the dial indicates what the desired temp should be. A thermostat will start and stop the heat based on temperature, the room sensor raises and lowers the boiler water temperature based on the room temperature it senses. The room sensor usually delivers better heating "comfort".

Is the timer on the 2107 connected?

Outdoor reset doesn't help very much with the weather the last few days.

What size G115?
This discussion has been closed.