Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plg. & Htg. Contractor

plumbob64
plumbob64 Member Posts: 1
Tring to locate a proper dump zone tank for wood boiler application. Issue stands as,, I removed a cast iron boiler holding 8 to 9 gallons of water. Also this boiler was not in operation when wood boiler was doing primary heating. Dump zone worked perfect thus keeping wood  boiler temp at bay 200 degrees or less. New electric boiler now in place tied in with wood boiler only holds 1 gallon in heat exchanger. Wood boiler holds 11 gallons. 2 - #30 extrol expansion tanks on system, dump zone too small causing overheat of water in wood boiler ,building pressure and steam , when wood boiler is loaded to try to achieve 41/2 to 5 hr  no frills operation. Now Customer babysits wood boiler with low fire and every 1 1/2 hr tending too, not happy. I believe I need more volume on dump zone to dissapate heat, in order to have return water from dump zone keep wood boiler temps stable, 200 degrees or less. HELP!!     I need 20 gallon steel tank two 3/4 tappings top and bottom able to handle 200-210 temps to ease this problem,, at least I think. Can someone Help?

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    sounds more like a bugffer tank than a dump zone

Why not install a 40- or 50-gallon electric water heater instead, and limit the temps to something more reasonable?
This discussion has been closed.