Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uponor Control Wiring

Roscoe
Roscoe Member Posts: 23
I have a radiant heat system with the following controls:

- Uponor control module (A3030004)

- Uponor 8-zone manifold (106604)

- Uponor actuator (501)

I am planning to connect three additional loops for a large kitchen/breakfast area, with a single thermostat.  I have two slots available on the control module.  Since the actuators are all planned to go on and off at the same time, can I jump the thermostat inputs to a single slot on the control module - and the outputs from the same single slot on the output side to all three actuators? 

Comments

• Roscoe
    Roscoe Member Posts: 23
    Let me try to clarify...

I think there's 3 options:

1. Single thermostat jumped to 3 different inputs on the control module. On the output side, use three separate outputs, each controlling it's own actuator

2. Single thermostat connect to a single input on the control module. On the output side of the control module, use a single output and jump it to three actuators.

3. Three thermostats, three inputs to the control module, three outputs to actuators. This is the most straight-forward way, but will require an additional control module and 2 additional thermostats. $300 additional, and the thermostats will all be in the same room set at the same temperature.

My guess is option 1 would be preferred, but I'd appreciate input from the experts.
This discussion has been closed.