Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baseboard Heating Loop of 1 year old Steam Boiler

Options
Hi I'm trying to help this customer out, she recently bought a Weil-Mclain EG35 boiler last year and the contractor who put it in completely butchered it. She has a small baseboard zone for her basement, it always worked fine before with her old boiler and since he's installed the new boiler she has no heat downstairs. I know she needs an aquastat to control the boiler on/off so that she doesn't make steam when she doesn't want to. I know that he should have used a bronze or stainless steel pump rather that the one that's there now. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to tie the supply and return piping into the boiler. I'm sure that there's some older threads that has diagrams but i was hoping to get some type of diagram directly for this boiler. She spent alot of money, and granted she didn't hire the right contractor, but i want to make sure that once i fix all his mistakes it will be working perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will attach pictures of the installation as well.

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Contact

the installer and tell him to come back, and install the boiler to manufacturers specs.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    All I can say:

All I can say is what were they thinking"

Or, ****?
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• MPL15654
    MPL15654 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    So just to double check

I appreciate all the replies and all the help. Thank You! So obviously the near boiler piping needs to be fixed and i have no problems fixing that. So just to double check the heating loop piping.

I think you guys can clearly see the LH side of the boiler, i didn't get a very good picture of the RH side(sorry). On the RH side there appears to be an alternate return connection that isn't being used. So if i take the plug out of that and bushing it down to 3/4" and consider this my "supply" side of my loop. If i come out of that tapping with a ball valve and tee with a draw off, then add a 3/4 tee for my "bypass" and than the circulator pushing and then a 3/4" Taco 218 Flo Check and connect to "supply" side of existing heating loop i should be all set.

And then on the LH side of the boiler where the boiler drain is. If i take that out and consider this my "return" for my heating loop. If i come out of that tapping with a ball valve and tee with a draw off, then a 3/4 tee for the other side of bypass (and add a valve to throttle) then add a 3/4 Taco 218 Flo Check and a temperature gauge, and connect to the "return side of existing heating loop i should be all set. And then i can put a strap on aquastat on the return piping to control the burner on and off before we start to make steam. I think i have it now, but if you guys could just confirm that would be great or if there's something i missed i'd really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

I appreciate all the replies and all the help. Thank You! So obviously the near boiler piping needs to be fixed and i have no problems fixing that. So just to double check the heating loop piping.

I think you guys can clearly see the LH side of the boiler, i didn't get a very good picture of the RH side(sorry). On the RH side there appears to be an alternate return connection that isn't being used. So if i take the plug out of that and bushing it down to 3/4" and consider this my "supply" side of my loop. If i come out of that tapping with a ball valve and tee with a draw off, then add a 3/4 tee for my "bypass" and than the circulator pushing and then a 3/4" Taco 218 Flo Check and connect to "supply" side of existing heating loop i should be all set.

And then on the LH side of the boiler where the boiler drain is. If i take that out and consider this my "return" for my heating loop. If i come out of that tapping with a ball valve and tee with a draw off, then a 3/4 tee for the other side of bypass (and add a valve to throttle) then add a 3/4 Taco 218 Flo Check and a temperature gauge, and connect to the "return side of existing heating loop i should be all set. And then i can put a strap on aquastat on the return piping to control the burner on and off before we start to make steam. I think i have it now, but if you guys could just confirm that would be great or if there's something i missed i'd really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    So just to double check

Thanks Again
  • MPL15654
    Options
    I Have no idea why that was posted so many times

Sorry about that. All i did was hit submit but it took forever to post. I didn't do that on purpose!
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    30 Emails

hope its not a glitch..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.