Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anti- freeze test strips

ddr
ddr Member Posts: 14
We currently use Hercules test strips for testing antifreeze. Do these test strips work effectively with other manufactures products or do we need different test strips for each available product? I'm guessing the AL transfer fluid would be different. We also have used a pH meter in the past, but just looking for a reliable and effective way of determining the condition of hydronic antifreeze.

Comments

• Jim Godbout
    Jim Godbout Member Posts: 49
    Refractometer

We use refractometer to test freeze protection and pool water ph test kits which work rally well on anyone's product

Good luck

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Test Strips:

Where I work, in an isolated area, there are only two supply houses. One sells Hercules and the test strips that go with them. The other one sells something in a blue 5 gallon pail. I buy from them. I bought a Misco Refractometer and have used that. I worried because I was told that nothing but the strips worked on Hercules. And that you couldn't mix the two. Years ago, I dropped my Refractometer and the prisms went out of alignment. I called Misco and it was an easy fix. Send them the old one and they would fix it and recalibrate it. So, I asked if there was an instrument that you could use other than test strips on Hercules. The woman laughed and told me that Hercules buys refractometers from them for testing solutions in manufacturing

So, get yourself a Refractometer. They're a lot easier than test strips.
This discussion has been closed.