Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TRV Zoning (Timers)

d1222
d1222 Member Posts: 2
Hello, I have an older home that is heated with numerous hydronic cast-iron radiators (I've installed a modern mod-con boiler that keeps that water temperature lower). None of the radiators are zoned, and none have TRVs. Living with radiant heat has taught me that it is not easy to setback the temperature for sleeping and raise it during the day (we prefer to sleep at 67 degrees and typically keep the house at 71 degrees at all other times). I've experimented with implementing a setback at night to 67, but it can then take a while for the house to get back up to 71 the next day. I'm thinking that a better option might to put TRV on the bedroom radiators and simply apply a setback to the bedroom at night and keep the house at 71 at all times. Does anyone know of a system that could be programmed to automatically perform a TRV setback in the bedroom? It seems that this is pretty common in Europe - systems like the Danfoss Living Connect allow each radiator to have temperature schedules via TRVs that are controlled by a central computer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.