Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell zone valves V8043. Does the directional arrow make a differnce?

Joseph_4
Joseph_4 Member Posts: 293
I have a customer with a 3 zoned forced hot water  system. He has complained of banging. I bled system. there is no air. I noticed that his  007 pump has it arrow in one direction and the 3 zone valves have the arrow (on their body embedded in the brass) going in the opposite direction  as the pump. Is anyone aware of any problems this may cause? he claims its been like this for years and his banging only started at end of last year when contractor added an auto air vent to his system.

Thanks

joe

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Those valves are

Power open and spring closed. There is a rubber ball that seals the opening shut. That ball will bounce a few times when there is too much flow like you always get with a series 100 pump and those valves. Normally don't see it with a 007. Any thing else change beside the air vent? As far as the arrow on the pump goes is it towards the boiler on the return, and the valves on the supply away from the boiler? 
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Bang bang, Chitty bang bang...

The arrows HAVE to go in the same direction. The reason that it probably wasn't a problem before is because the system was not flowing correctly, and any trapped bubbles may have been acting as a shock absorber.

You can't simply flip flop the pump because if it starts running water through the boiler backwards, the system will over heat trying to get to the boilers high limit.

Sounds like you need some work...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.