Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trying to Help a Friend

CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
Hope everyone enjoyed a great holiday season with their families. I'm trying to help out a friend. He is moving to Ireland or should I say moved and then came back because he couldn't find work. He is going back at the end of the month to marry the love of his life and is in need of a job.

He has plenty of experience in our industry in all phases as well as a Viessmann installer and service guy. Anyone know or have any contacts near County Kerry in our field. He is willing to work in the supply house side or in the field and willing to travel if need be.

Any help would be appreciated.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    HVAC TECH

Too bad he doesn't live here in G.R. MI - I am looking.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Send me

His details, I'm from Sligo but I can ask around know a lot of people from the south
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Things are

Not too good over there right now but I will ask
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Thank You

I can email his resume. Great guy, responsible, doesn't drink, smart and more then willing to always learn more. I opened my home to him since he came back in July so he had a place to stay and could save up money. Thank you again.

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Bad news from the other side of the pond...

I spoke with a friend of mine who's brother and father worked in Ireland. Things are not well there as it pertains to new construction, and service work is being done on an emergency, as needed basis only. His brother came back to the states due to a lack of work, and his dad is considering doing the same.

Maybe he needs to get his S.O. to come back here... The Irish don't shine nicely on people coming to their country for their jobs... I don't think ANY country (except maybe the USA) would do that with open arms, in bad economic times.

Best of luck to him.

ME

This discussion has been closed.