Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trinity 150 not keeping up in cold weather

Options
panman
panman Member Posts: 82
Hey guys, I want to start by saying thanks to all of you that take time out of your daily lives to answer questions. It gives the commner a place to go and get professional answers. Thanks

Now my question. I have a 3600 sq. ft home. 6 years old and well insulated. There are 2 zones up stairs(stapled finned radiant) 2 zones down stairs in cement 4'' down. 1 zone in the garage in cement 4'' down which rarely comes on. There is 2'' of insulation under the cament and 6'' of unsulation under the stapled aluminum fins. I have a 150ti trinity on the wall gas boiler with an 80 gallon domestic Amtrol water heater. i have 2 taco mixing blocks.<strong>My problem is that if 3 or more zones run in cold weather, the temperature in the mixing blocks drop. they drop from 130 to 90 on 1 of the mixing blocks. 1 might run around 120-130 but in reality i would like to see up stairs run 140-150 and down stairs(because of pex at 4'' down) run at 140-150. Why can't i eliminate the taco circulators ant run straight circulators to pump out 140-150 when a zone calls for heat. Would i need a bigger boiler? </strong>

Comments

• Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    concrete is killin ya

If the lower concrete zones don't run much, they will suck all the energy out of your system when they come on. Try LOWERING the temp going to the concrete and let them run more; almost constantly at a temp like 90 degrees or lower. Once it catches up, it won't require much temp to maintain comfort. I have a customer that heats 11,000 square feet of living and garage with a 199,000 boiler, not working hard. 
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 885
    Options
    Outdoor Reset?

Is the outdoor sensor hooked up, and if so is the heat curve out of whack for your climate?
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • panman
    panman Member Posts: 82
    Options
    out door reset

The outdoor resets are on and working within 5-7 degrees of acual outdoor temp. as far as the heat curve being out of whack, i do not know how to check for that. The post before you miss understood my post. The down stairs runs alot in cold weather, it was the garage that hardly kicks on. The placement of my tubing in cement 4'' down causes me to think that 90-100 water when it gets cold, just does not cut it. Probably will pay a gas tech to come in and check all the curves and settings. Thanks Tom
This discussion has been closed.