Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Eternal brand, advanced hybrid water heater

PMRT
PMRT Member Posts: 2
Does anyone have any experience with this brand of water heater?  A plumber who is "into" this stuff told me this is the most energy efficient type of water heater available.  Supposedly it does not have the drawbacks of typical tankless systems.The web site talks about "counter flow design", 3-cycle process, and efficent transfer of heat.  It needs to supply a family of four who typically uses water for multiple reasons at one time we usually exhaust a 40 gallon water heater without too much trouble.   This is a 9 room colonial and it already takes a while to get hot water to the furtherest bathrooms. Any feedback would be appreciated.    

Comments

• Jim Godbout
    Jim Godbout Member Posts: 49
    Eternal

We have installed many

Early on when they just came to market they had issues with gas valves, they have worked through issues

These units ar much different than any other tankless water heater on the market

High producers extremely efficient built to last

Cost a bit more but you get what you pay for

Good luck

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Things to consider

Is there a stocking distributor with parts available immediately nearby (perhaps the plumber?)

Will any other service person be able to handle problems if your plumber is up in Canada fishing for 3 weeks?

What sort of boilers/heaters are in use in your area?--NBC
  • PMRT
    PMRT Member Posts: 2
    Eternal brand, advanced hybrid water heater

Thanks for the responses. I understand your points. The repair issue is definitely a factor.  Does this change any advice?   I live in MA. The house has a Burnham, atmospheric, gas fired furnace about 5-7 years old. It is equipped with an outside temperature set back controller and the zone controller has priority (priority not being used at the moment since the old gas fired water heater is a separate unit).  The other option being considered is an indirect water heater that would work off the furnace.  In NE we run the furnace from about mid-late October through April-May.  Up to about 7 months of the year.  I am told that while it is more expensive in the summer it is less expensive in the winter, but overall there is an annual savings with it.  Thanks again. 
  • Jeff W_2
    Jeff W_2 Member Posts: 57
    Eternal

They are great when they work...
This discussion has been closed.