Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Stadler older manifold help Identify and ...

0107 Member Posts: 6
Firstly many thanks for assistance.

I have recently become the guardian of an older system dating from approx the 90s.

The system makes use of a Stadler manifold, the manifold is the same Stadler in the attached pic.

As supply is connected to the manifold with the blue adjustment knobs, I believe the supply and return are reversed. Intuition tells me this via the color coding of the knobs.

Currently cant get any meaningful flow to one of the zones.

Does anyone have a manual for this manifold?

Comments

re

From Viega

" the return side will be the side with the blue knobs and actuators and the supply side is with the red knobs"

And its the OV series
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Like most multi port manifolds...

If you reverse the flow through the manifold, the return valves are meant to close AGAINST flow, and if they close WITH flow, it WILL suck the stem assembly into the seat, and cause it to either BANG loudly or simply lock up. Sounds like you got the latter case. Those are motorized zone valve operators shown in the picture.

Is this one of those manifolds with the 3 way valve as a part of its control? If yes, it is a BOOGER to get purged. I have yet to figure out a simple way to do it, other than manually manipulating the valve.

And again, if it is the 3 way mixing reset manifold, I've never been able to find the O&M manual for this assembly.

Sorry I can't help you more. Maybe an older Stadler dealer will come across the post and can help you out.
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    re

Thanks Much

The color photo is only representative, not the actual install, the b/w is the 4 port manifold that is in place.

Currently it is installed with the supply connected in reverse to the blue valved half of the manifold.

As is one zone has very little flow.

Tomorrow I am connecting supply to red and return to blue, hoping for something better to result.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    If memory serves me correctly...

There is an adjustment screw (think metric allen wrench) that can be used to balance out flows on circuits of differing lengths.

I think it is on the return manifold, under a cap. ALl the way in is off, and all the way out is on, with variations in between.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    Reversal

Reversing the supply/return going to the incorrect manifolds has corrected the zoning problems.
    And...

Thanks to all for your support
This discussion has been closed.