Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Miller Oil furnace - looking to convert to gas (Mobile Home)

PhillyNJ
PhillyNJ Member Posts: 5
Hello,

I'm a first time visitor here.

My parents have a mobile home and the park has banned oil tanks. So they need to convert to gas. The have a Miller oil furnace. And I hear there is a way to covert it to gas. I dont have the model number for their hearter yet. But will have it later today. I omly know its a 56k btu output.

Any know where I can but this part?  What would the part cost roughly ? And is ii a hard job converting this heater ? I'm pretty handy with plumbing work, some heating work, and can do most any home improvement job.

This is in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area's

Any help/info is greatly appreciated !

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Gas

This job is not for the do-it-yourselfer. There are too many dangerous aspects involved, and people could get seriouosly injured (or worse) if everything isn't set up correctly. I work in your area, and could offer an estimate. Send me an email any time.

J.starosielec@ecuacool.com
  • PhillyNJ
    Id like to do it on my own.

Hello,

I appreciate the reply and the offer. But i do believe i can do the swap out. I just need to know where to obtain the part and what i should expect to pay for it? And maybe are there instructions with the new part or somewhere on the net i can obtain them. I have a family member who is a hvac mech. If i get stuck i can call him. But im looking to get as far as i can or finish it if i can, on my own.

Thanks
  • PhillyNJ
    edited January 2013

• PhillyNJ
    edited January 2013

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Conversion

The instruction manual will tell you what screws to tighten, but will not tell you anything useful about the gas, air, and vent adjustments necessary to ensure that the furnace will be safe.

We don't discuss pricing here. You can contact a local supply house for the burner.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Price

Without discussing specific prices.....Given the cost of a new gas furnace for a mobile home, it's not worth converting.The cost of the burner conversion will be 70% the cost of new.
  • PhillyNJ
    Ok

Thanks --- guess i'll price them both out.
This discussion has been closed.