Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler for radiant heat solenoid banging noise in the boiler cabinet

Hi...

I have a radiant heat flooring system, and notice every once in a while while the thermostat calls for heat, I can hear the boiler exhaust vent begin and within the plastic insulated boiler cabinet i hear this loud bang every so often when call for heat.

i took the green plastic cover off the boiler and there appears to be this solenoid control valve that pops and makes a loud bang...loud like a gunshot bang.

I saw a blast of air come out of it once when i timed it right for inspection and the air blast seems to come from a solnoid or valve control.

my question is what causes the bang noise? and how can i eliminate it or reduce the noise?  It can wake you up in the middle of the nite while sleeping.

thanks

Steve

Comments

• J.R. Madden
    J.R. Madden Member Posts: 10
    Solinoid valve bang

From your description I take it that the boiler is a gas fired unit. What you seem to be experiencing from your description of the problem is "delayed ignition". This is a SERIOUS problem and must be resolved by a Licensed and Qualified technician. PLEASE do not attempt any work on this situation by "handymen" or DIY. Get in touch with the installing company or your gas supplier and have the issue addressed as soon as possible
    JRM
This discussion has been closed.