Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hoffman 1As 1 year old

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,700
As many from the steam section know I have had nothing but problems with these 1As getting a droplet of water stuck in the vent orifice.  Some guys say they have no problems with these vents, if this is the case then these are for you.<strong>  Obviously I cannot give any guarantees with these vents other than they have not been tampered with and do not show any obvious signs of defects.

</strong>

That said,  these vents are like new and have only been used in one season really as my system didn't get up and running until Dec 2011.  I currently have 7 I can part with.  I will have 4 more once I have money to replace them with Gorton's.

I would be willing to part with them in exchange for Gorton's or equivlant price which I think is fair being they were $10 more each then a Gorton.  I currently need two Gorton 5s and two Gorton 4s.  <strong>If this offer seems too steep send me a PM I may be open to other offers.

</strong>

These seem to be problematic on radiators in my system which have very long runouts in the neighborhood of 20 feet. 
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
This discussion has been closed.