Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Direct vent for miller down flow

buzzcut
buzzcut Member Posts: 3
I have a miller down flow oil furnace out of a mobile home.  I have it installed in the attic of my garage and I want to install a direct vent kit for combustible air.  A heating contractor told me I could just make my own and cut a hole into the left side of the furnace.  My question is where do I cut the hole if this is possible.  In the front near the oil pump down low near where the original intake was or behind the partition near the burner.  Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• chapchap70
    chapchap70 Member Posts: 139
    How is attic vented?

If your attic vents are relatively close to the burner, you pretty much have fresh air now.  I believe that any air drawn into the oil burner other than what is in the attic would come from outside rather than from your living space.  What are you trying to achieve by piping the fresh air into the burner area?
  • buzzcut
    miller direct vent

The original combustable air came in through the bottom of the furnace.  When I installed it I blocked that off.  I have a fresh air duct ran to the furnace from outside but havent attatched it to the furnace yet because I am not sure where It nees to be.
  • buzzcut
    miller direct vent

The original combustable air came in through the bottom of the furnace.  When I installed it I blocked that off.  I have a fresh air duct ran to the furnace from outside but havent attatched it to the furnace yet because I am not sure where It nees to be.
This discussion has been closed.