Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

honeywell burner control - alarm light on

elfie
elfie Member Posts: 266
anyone ever resolved issues with the honeywell burner control device? its a series 7800 relay module

it is used within a powerflame burner as part of a hot water boiler (15 section cast iron boiler)

the alarm light has occasionally started flashing and shuts down the burner from cycling on.  a simple pushing of the reset solves the problem. 

any idea what could be the problem? and how to figure out problem - have heard this device might have an event memory that can be accessed for diagnostic purposes.

thanks

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited January 2013
  • RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    module

You will need the S7800A1142 keyboard display module.   Unfortunately they cost around $300.00.    When i would update old RA890 controls to RM800's  i would always include in my quote the cost of the S7800 keyboard so the customer would have it  At least 80% of all failures are due to flame rectification problems so make sure you have a good strong pilot and your pilot is not rusty. Also make sure your connections are good and you have a good ground where it is called for.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• elfie
    elfie Member Posts: 266
    need for cleaning burner

how frequently should the powerflame burner be cleaned when it uses natural gas? and what types of things get done.

thanks
  • RJ_4
    p/m

Contact Powerflame   they have a great tech dept    or download I.O.M

• RJ_4
    p/m

Contact Powerflame   they have a great tech dept    or download I.O.M

• crazytorch
    crazytorch Member Posts: 1
    tripping one of the shut downs

You are tripping one of the shut-downs. It could be a number of things such as low gas pressure/high gas pressure. Something in its annunciation sequence is tripping. A low O2 will cause flame fail and controller will shut down on flame fail. If you had the display module to hook to the controller it would tell you which lockout you are having.

You can also call Exotherm, they are a Houston based company that does burner control service. http://www.exotherm.com/

or call them at 713-981-9100
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Or maybe:

Or maybe a safety device in the gas train. Get the control. Its worth the money.
This discussion has been closed.