Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Women in Trades

Options
Hi.

My name is Amie and I am an Oil Heat Systems Technician Apprentice. I am fresh out of school and would love to meet other women in non- traditional trades , especially Burner Mechanics. I am interested in discussing many things about the trade itself and what experiences you have had in the field. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to meeting you ladies!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Yay!

We need more women in our trade.  
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • The Steam Whisperer (Formerly Boilerpro)
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yes sir and Mam!

One of the best gas techs for one of our local gas companies was a gal.  Unfortunately she was about the only women I have met in the HVAC trade in 20 years.   Being back in Chicago, however, I expect I will meet more.   I hope we will see a much more balanced future in the trade.  

Keep on, keeping on!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Good for you Amie!

By meeting other women in the trade I assume your talking about in person and not just through the computer.If you disclose your location I bet you will have better luck in getting what you are looking for.

This site could use more Female Techs. (sorry Dan:)

Good luck!
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Women and steam/hydronics

The women who have posted here and in some cases have repiped their own boilers have always shown exceptional problem solving skills. Do a search for vaporvac, and radiator ranger, and you will see what I mean. There are others I may have forgotten.

There have been a few others who somehow felt that as women they would be unable to deal with the complications of the new boiler installation, without a man to oversee everything, so thank god you are not part of that group!--NBC
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Congrats!

The thing I have noticed about women is attention to detail is exceptional.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Welcome

Man, woman, or beast...this industry needs people who care.

Welcome to The Wall!
This discussion has been closed.