Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell supervent

Options
ddr
ddr Member Posts: 14
I need to re-open an old wound. I had posted a question awhile back in regards to Honeywell Supervents. The question was in regards to whether the supply pipe could come in from the bottom or if it should be piped from one side to the other. I think we have this problem resolved now but it seems like we had a vast majority of these systems that have floats either plugging up or just failing. Is any one else having these types of problems? Maybe the answer is just to switch from Honeywell to some other manufacture for air elimination.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    more often then not

there is sludge or debris in the system that gets under the valve and seat. In some brands the top is easily removed and cleaned. There is not a lot to fail inside them a plastic float, valve stem & seat.

On old iron pipe systems or radiant with non barrier tube, a strainer or dirt separator can help prevent debris from getting into air vents, zone valves, pump impellers, etc.

Anytime you break into a system for a repair or replacement it's a good idea to power flush. if it was sludged a run a good hydronic cleaner for a few days.

Also try connect the auto fill valve into the piping, not the bottom of the air purger, as it can just blow any settled dirt right up into the air vent seat, when it takes on fill water after purging air.)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.