Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How Are the Internet Peddlers

Options
CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
Getting away with misleading consumers as to the AFUE ratings on particular condensing boilers and why are the boiler manufactures allowing it? Just saying.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Too Many to fight

Ecommerce peddlers are usually never authorized by the manufacturers and they have policies stating that. Internet resellers are buying from hungry or ignorant wholesalers. Some eventually learn its not worth it when equipment is returned and they or the distributor gets stuck with it.

Contractors- Blame your equipment distributors & wholesalers, they are the cause of this. Some even blatantly ship for the ecommerce sites from backdoor from where you buy and worse yet own and run the sites.  
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    That's A Subject

That wants to stay under the rug. I know who they are.

• Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    Why under the rug??

If you got facts, lets have it!
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    This is Not

The forum to post names. If your supplier is a contributor it's not hard to figure it out.

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    If not here, then where?

You opened Pandoras box and got a whole bunch of people excited. Why don't you start a FaceBook page and shine the lights on the rats/roaches.

If I find that one of my suppliers is selling stuff to pexworld.com, I WILL cease doing business with them, and will let them know why it is that I am STOPPING doing business with them...

There is this thing called ethical behavior. Many people seem to think it doesn't apply to them. I live by that modus operandi. And demand that the people I deal with do so as well. I think most common sense people do.

Just be darned sure of your accusation before you throw the light switch on, or you might not like the end results....

Give us the link when you get the page written.

ME

• CMadatMe
    Options
    Pandora's Box?

I don't think I've opened anything. The door has been open for many years and known by many to include the manufacturers. How do you think Pex Supply can sell Bradford White Water Heaters? What's Bradfords motto, "Wholesale Only" and I'm not picking on Bradford just using them as an example.

My original post was simply asking a question and my second, a response to HDE's post. I'm not bashing or calling out Manufacturers because they are not the issue. I think HD's post summed that up pretty good.

The wholesale business has changed as big corporate investors sucked up what was once the local chain. With that comes one thing, the bottom line.

While I don't agree with it, it is reality, money is power and it is not going to change. To anwser your question Mark, simply visit Manta and poke around for supply houses on Long Island. It's not hard to figure it out..

• CMadatMe
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Double Post Sorry

This discussion has been closed.