Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wayne vs. Riello or maybe Midco?

Options
vaporvac
vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
I thought I'd post this as a separate question as my last post probably dealt with too many issues for most people to get through it. The rep didn't call me today so I'm still where I was on Friday . I am looking for the best burner for a Slantfin Intrepid TR40 or TR50. I would like a power burner with hi-lo-hi settings. I really just need to know which particular burner is best for this application so i can have my installer order it. At this point, why it's better would be useful to know, but not necessary.

Latest update on the burners: the Beckett is apparently out, as the

commercial is too large and the residential ones are too small. I seem

to remember reading this was a popular choice for the SF, but that may

have been in the smaller sizes. Disappoint;ing as they're fairly local and probably easily available. Thoughts?

The rep is revisiting theMidco line, as apparently he didn't look into the residential powerburners, only modulating ones...don't know why not.

He doesn't normally deal with Riello as they're more of an "East-coast thing", but he

would if I knew what I wanted. What do I want in a Riello?

The main burner he's suggesting is called Wayne. I have never heard of them. They make what he called a normal in-shop type with fan and another more complicated type which is 2x the $, that he's waiting for some information on. He indicated all the PBs for residential probably have some sort of sound dampening thing, but I'm not so sure. I hadn't really put the study into the burners that I did with the boilers. It seems like we have to become experts in everything these days!

Still digesting all the great links and comments from the galaxy/Intrepid post so THANK YOU! Colleen
Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF

Comments

• I'd stear clear of Wayne

I have been very unimpressed with them. Others will agree, I believe.  have had good luck with midco.  Carlin EZ gas is a favorite for many in the intrepid and others.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.