Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help with my Arco - ideal water boiler

Options
Isaac2012
Isaac2012 Member Posts: 2
Need help with my Arco - ideal water boiler

I have Arco - ideal water boiler tow days ago was shut down I went to see what is going on I found out the thermal bricks was collapse inside the boiler which is result of blocking the fire opening, I need help and advice how to fix it if it easy to fix or who to call so I can get it fix or it is okay to run it with out thermal bricks

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Refractory Chamber:

You really need professional help. Unless you are experienced, it is above your pay grade.

That boiler may be older than you.

Replacement should be considered because the cost of repair to that antique won't improve your system but a new boiler and an increase of efficiency will add to the savings.
  • earl burnermann
    earl burnermann Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Icesailor is giving you the best advice

If you just can not afford to replace the boiler then contact a reputable company to make this repair. You will still be wasting oil but your home will be safe.

If you can afford an upgrade than this is a blessing in disguise. You will be amazed on how much money you save on oil with the new equipment available today. Triple pass boilers, indirect water heaters, out door temperature reset and cold start technology is the way to go. BTW, get a heat loss calculation done. Your old boiler is most likely oversized for your home.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.