Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Service issue

rlugg88
rlugg88 Member Posts: 3
Not sure if this is where to post this, but I am looking for some help.

I had 2 new Burnham boilers installed in July 2012. They were purchaased thru National Grid gas conversion program and installed by a liscensed plumber with all permits, etc. As part of buying them thru National Grid plumber agrees to warranty for the first year. Installing plumber decided to close shop and go to work for someone else so for all intents and purposes unavailable to respond to calls as new job is out of area. Status lights are flashing on both boilers, one for low input voltage and the other for flame out of sequence ( I compared the flashes to the chart in the manual, so i could be wrong).  I called him and he did not seem to know the answer and said he would get a burnham rep. Of course he can't because he can't get there in nomal business hours. I called burnham and they basically told me to **** off because they don't talk to mere consumers. Told me that I had to call distributor, who basically told me same thing, and said they would talk only to installer. I called him and he has never moved the issue forward. I contacted another liscensed plumber who tried to deal with Burnham and they blew him off also because he was not the installer. Distributor the same. I called National Grid to see if they had any way to compel the original guy to do something, but they said all they could do is call the plumber and ask him to deal with it. They did,he didn't and so I am still searching for a way to get this fixed. As it stands now,according to National Grid rep who talked to Burnaham, they will deal only with the original installer. So I am pretty much screwed here as I see it. Can't believe that this company is that inflexible. Anybody know what I can do?

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited December 2012
    Nonsense

Perhaps Dan can get you some help.If you are new to this site, I am refering to Dan Holohan, and this is his site. What if the original installer had died? Is there something you are not telling us?
  • Mike_at_USB
    Mike_at_USB Member Posts: 9
    Contact me

Hi Rlugg,

I work at U.S. Boiler. I'd like to help you in this situation, but I'm going to need to get some more information so I can put you in touch with the right people. Can you please contact me offline via the "contact this user" link?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.