Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

monoflow tees & cast iron baseboard ?

Duff
Duff Member Posts: 61
Convectors are being removed for the new cast iron baseboard. I will move the monoflow tees for the new drops from the baseboard to open up the spread between the tees. The homeowner was told by the supplyhouse that the baseboard won't work with the monoflow tees! I don't see a problem so I'm asking everyone for there input. Sooooo what do ya think? Copper main is 1 inch and baseboard is 3/4'.

Thanks Duff

Comments

• TLM
    TLM Member Posts: 38
    yes

I dont see a problem, in fact I have friends whose homes were built mid century and this is the type of heat they have.....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    It'll work fine

But if you're faced with having to do so much surgery to the main, why not just home-run everything with pex-al-pex and be done with it? Far easier to balance and purge and they can TRV it if they want without affecting other rooms.
  • Duff
    Thanks TLM

You confirmed what I had already thought, thanks
  • Duff
    Gordan thanks

Good idea, more work but a much better job and any adjustments won't be time consuming. Thanks for the idea.
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    edited December 2012
    GORDON

How will TRV's effect the heat in another room with monoflow tees.

If you shut off one run the heat just passes that radiator and goes on to the next.

Yes there is a small flow restriction.

I do agree that running S + R to each rad would be far better than monoflow.
This discussion has been closed.