Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Not impressed with Honeywell Tstat

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,131
So a year ago I installed a Honeywell 8000 series tstat, I beleive its an 8110 for my steam system.

Now, the tstat works fine overall but what I'm annoyed with is how Honeywell thinks they can fool people.  I had the tstat set to do a setback from 70F to 68F and right after it changed to this I decided to move it up a degree to get it to turn on.  When I did this it said the current set temp was 68 and the current room temp was 68.  I moved it up to 69 and left for a second only to come back and see it claiming the room temp was now 69.  I thought "cute" and moved it up to 70 and left for a second and came back, now it says the room is magically 70.  It did turn the boiler on the second time, but the fact it decided to creep up the room temperature to match the set temperature even though I in no way produced any heat was just retarded.

A thermometer right next to the tstat says 69.4F and obviously has not changed the entire time the 8110 decided it was 68,69 and 70 in the room.

I wonder if a NEST pulls this B.S.?
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
This discussion has been closed.