Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell wireless system

This was my first wireless system installation.  The house was recently purchased (re-possession or short sale) and the new owner couldn't turn on the heating. He called me since my sticker was on the boiler.  The thermostats were wired line voltage, but someone had cut them all.  We decided to go with a wireless system.

I called Honeywell and they told me what to buy.  No one had it in stock locally and in the end, I ordered it from pexsupply.  The only thing Honeywell didn't tell me to get was three relays (for three zones) since their equipment doesn't have any dry contacts.

I just installed it today so the jury is out, but when I left the house the system was working perfectly with the thermostats communicating with the zone controller in the boiler room.
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    I have a building

With maybe 40 wireless stats in use to switch air handlers ( had to program stats for electric heat so the fan kicks on regardless of heat situation) and not one issue. I think I installed the Prestiege. They installed in minutes and are a great product so far. It's been 6 months.
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    They have a whole new line of wireless internet/telephone enabled stats...

I am thinking of employing them at my daughters cabin (electric baseboard heat) in the mountains so it will be warm when they get there, instead of having to wait a day and a half for it to get comfy.

I deployed a wireless stat a while back on a job where we'd lost a wire between the stat on the second floor and the basement. Works like a champ.

I'm thinking they finally got all the bugs worked out so that when your neighbor uses his garage door opener, that the thermostat doesn't turn off....

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,261
    I have used

the Honeywell wireless stat. No problems so far. Simple to install very user freindly. In my own house I have an ecobee stat. It's pretty cool. It connects to the internet and i have an app for it on my smart phone and my ipad. It only uses 4 communication wires between the stat and the equipment control module. The module contains all kinds of accessory relays and ecobee is coming out with new plugins all the time.

As far as the cabin in the mountain, you could have the house comfy and a fresh pot of coffee ready the minute you walk through the door.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    No internet connection...

Otherwise, they be nice and comfy, have a pot of coffee on, have music on and have the porch light on, along with anything else they wanted done (ENV by Climate Automation Systems, Inc) which is what I have in MY cabin ;-) But it too requires an internet connection.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Red Link

I thought Red Link or something like that just plugs in for Internet.
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.