Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dear Customer,

bill nye_3
bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
Dear Customer, I worked at your home today. While I was there I came up with an idea, and spoke to your boss at work. Your boss is going to allow me to install 5 cat litter boxes inside of your small cubicle, none of them cleaned of course. Next we will remove all of the light bulbs from the fixtures, you can use a drop light or a flashlight. And then we can store all of your daughters furniture and belongings who, got divorced, dropped out of school, moved back home etc. And then we will ask the custodian not to clean your office for say 10 or 15 yrs. ? Maybe we can blare a TV or stereo at full volume to help you concentrate.

Now that you know what my office is like maybe you will appreciate tradesman a little more. How you doing, Bill Nye

Comments

• Jim Godbout
    Jim Godbout Member Posts: 49
    Very well written

Can I use this

Not often this happens but this hits nail on head

Thanks for humor

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    you can't...

make this stuff up. Crazy places out there....kcopp
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    customers

Yeah -

99% of my customers are the best. ( just recieved a christmas chocolate cake from one today and recieve C cards often )

BUT - on ocasion I find the furnace buried under tons of stuff that I spend 10 minutes moving. They knew I was coming. That and the worst place for a cat litter box is near the furnace with it's flame rod plated with kitty litter dust.

But again I really am blessed with some of the nicest customers you can find.

I really love my job.

Good thing the pay is real nice also.

One time I went on a NO HEAT call - cottage at a lake.

Long story short - had lots of rain and the crawl space had flooded and got the horizontal furnace just wet enough to put the pilot out.

Only access was through a basement style window. had to crawl in.

looked into the window and saw slimey mud.

Asked the home owner for an old rug to put down and she gave me this look like I don't want you to damage one of my rugs.

Told her if she wanted the heat back on I wasn't going to crawl in the mud.

SHE found a rug.

never called me back - and I am OK with that.

YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERONE...
  • bill nye_3
    Steve

Steve, I'm with you, most of my customers are the nicest and thoughtful people, But today I had an exceptionally bad day with filth,cat manure, fur ,etc. No lights, electrical plug, etc.  It was building for a while and I needed to vent.

I could not Imagine a professional person working under the same conditions. This was tongue in cheek  and meant to be just that.
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Bill

I understand how You feel.

I have had bad days/weeks and just wanted to scream.

I have to be carefull what I write on the internet because I always use my real name on these sites.

I have heard from some of my customers about what I do here and other sites.

Always possitive.
  • bill nye_3
    steve

Steve, Bill Nye is my real name, I'm just "not the science guy"
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Two places stick out in my mind

At the first, there were no litter boxes, just cat poop everywhere. It smelled so bad I sprayed carberator cleaner as an air freshener just so I could stay in the room. Some of our guy's stomaches couldn't handle the smell.

At the second, it was a nice house, fairly clean. I was sitting on a bucket working on the burner when I noticed something moving on my leg. A closer look revealed my leg was covered with fleas. Apparently they had flea bombed the house, but not the basement. I drove home and my wife met me in the driveway with a robe and a flea bomb. I stripped in the back of the truck and set off the flea bomb in there.
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    My Favorite..

I had to move a pile of dirty clothes that had been sitting there for about two weeks, with a nice topping of dog poop on top of the laundry, just to get at the furnace. Then I had one guy complaining that the igniters on his HE-II boiler kept going out, but apparently he didn't make the connection with the cat box (i.e., lots of cat hair all around), and a dryer with no vent whatsoever in the same room as the boiler had anything to do with this. "This boiler must be a lemon!" Yeah..it's the equipment's fault 100%.

Explain to the homeowner to clean up the area to prevent it from happening again, but you might as well be talking to a brick wall.
This discussion has been closed.