Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GB142/60 Problem

Options
Mpj
Mpj Member Posts: 109
Hello All,

I inherited a Buderus GB142/60 boiler 6L problem. The previous contractor replaced the hot surface ignitor. and still had the same problem. The he told the homeowner that there was something else wrong, the owner told him not to come back and called me in to take a look. I checked the power supplying the Hot surface ignitor and got a 129 volts, got continuity through the ignitor. Spoke with Buderus and they asked to check the gas valve when I checked the gas valve I found a broken pin in the low voltage harness, Buderus recommended to change the harness. Replaced the harness, still got a 6L. I had a new UBA and installed it to see what happen and the boiler fired up. Checked the gas/ratio and all was fine. Now 24 hours later a new 6L shows up. I have to back in the AM. Any ideas what to look for? The ground seems good, I am out of ideas.

MPJ

This boiler was in a flooded area but it did not get wet. The gas meter was partially underwater. Gas valve problem maybe?

Comments

• Mpj
    Options
    GB

My mistake it was a 6A not a 6L SORRY
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Error message

What is that 6a message indicating?--NBC
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Buderus error code

Could a power problem be causing this, such as a corroded ground?--NBC
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    This should help

http://www.buderus.us/files/201204202124350.72149400_07%20GB142%20Service%20Instructions_en_12.2011.pdf

Page 65 good luck and always ask for the manual when you get on the job and always and I mean always RTFM.
  • Mpj
    Options
    Buderus

NBC- 6A is something to do with the hot surface ignitor and/or the gas valve.I have check the electric and all seems normal.

Uncle John- I have a manual on my truck that i use and went through all the procedures on my own and also spoke with Buderus. In my manual page 65 is for a sensor problem (4Y/CY), that code did not appear. I will go through all the steps again today.

Thanks for the help.
  • Mpj
    Options
    Buderus

Went to the job this AM. Found the wire on the gas valve loose, plugged it back in and the boiler fired. Hopefully that was it.
  • Mpj
    Options
    Buderus

Went to the job this AM. Found the wire on the gas valve loose, plugged it back in and the boiler fired. Hopefully that was it.
This discussion has been closed.