Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LWCO issue

Options
jeremiah
jeremiah Member Posts: 8
a building that i do service at has a weil mclain model 78 boiler and it is having random lwco lockouts. another guy that i work with replaced it last week because it was randomly locking out and he thought it was the probe. i had to go there today because it had locked out again this morning or last night sometime and they had already reset it by the time i had gotten there. when i arrived the boiler was of course running fine with twenty psi in the system. the boiler is located in the basement of a 2 story building and the lwco is mounted to the front of the boiler into one of the taps. the boiler has been in place for 8-10 years and as far as i know has not had this issue before. my idea was to move the lwco to the supply piping out of the boiler but it has always been mounted where it is located now. any ideas on what to try?

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    intermittent lockout

have you looked at the wiring? on something like an lwco, using resistance to check for water, a bad connection could trip it.--nbc
  • jeremiah
    Options
    lwco problems

ya all the wiring is good its doing the same thing with the new lwco as it did with the old one
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    Don't rule out the wiring

Had a couple like that lately, new installs where the wiring was older. One was solved by an electrician, finding a good ground and replacing a defective switch. I fixed the other one by replacing a defective (NEW) fused switch. Those LWCO's are gonna be ground-sensitive, and a weak switch or loose connection will trip them.
  • jeremiah
    Options
    lwco

yeah i checked the ground connection at the lwco but didnt check where it begins to make sure that it hasnt loosened, i will check that. thanks
This discussion has been closed.