Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

propress

Options
STEAM DOCTOR
STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,973
I am in the market for propress. Looking for first hand info about the pros and cons of various makes or modals. hanks

Comments

• MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Propress

I have been in the market as well, Ridgid, Rothenberger, & Rems all seem to make great products, just not sure which one to buy? I think alot of the guys like the Ridgid/Viega but would like to hear opinions as well.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    Just Make

sure you get one with the swivel head, you won't be sorry.
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Propress

I have both the Ridgid and the Milwaukee Press tools.  I like the Milwaukee tool better.  My Employee prefers the Ridgid.  I use only the Viega Fittings.  Havn't had any issues and it saves a ton of time on boiler installations.  I save about a Day of Labor on a Boiler Replacement. 

James
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    James

So you save day both literally and figuratively?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Lol

Some People may say that :)
  • Jim Godbout
    Jim Godbout Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Propress

We have used ridgid for over eight years

My men prefer ridgid machines much better

We tried rems and Milwaukee both had issues with battery performance when used as much as we do

16 units we own with a variety of sizes and styles all the way to newest RP 200 and there cast iron snapper

My shop guy sends them out occasionally for service with very good service from ridgid

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Rothenberger

I'll have to vouch for the Rothenberger. It can get into tight spaces and it seemed to not torque the pipe as you are pressing the fitting, making the pipe run crooked. If you talk to manufacturers reps of particular brands, most will give you a loaner to check 'em out.
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,973
    Options
    fittings

I took the plunge and ordered the ridgid 200-b. The next question is where can I get fittings. I work in Queens and Nassau county(NY). Do any of the supply houses carry them or do I need to order online
This discussion has been closed.