Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

SIMPLE CONTROL ISSUE?

CNote79
CNote79 Member Posts: 1
I have what seems to be a very simple issue, yet it is really blowing my mind. I am working in a float switch that is a simple 120v no switch. When I check my termnaton points on the terminal board I have 120 volts as I should, this is without my float switch connected. Next I check my float switch leads (again not connected) and I show no continuity through the switch. This is open as it should be. To this point everything is checking out as it should. Now this is where it gets strange. I connect my leads to the terminal board and my pump starts (as if the switch is closed). I check my voltage at this point and I am reading 86 volts across my switch. The only variable that I can possibly think of to explain this would be the possibility of my wires near the float contacts being wet, allowing 40 some volts to cross closing my switch. The switch was defiantly working properly two weeks ago when I originally installed the system. There is a long run between the termination points and the switch contacts (130ft) but even a voltage drop should have nothing to do with a Switch closing as it seems to be doing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.