Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aquastat L8148E Problem

Bill_D
Bill_D Member Posts: 4
My Crown Boiler (AWI128E) went down. The Pilot Control ( Honeywell S8610U1003) checked out OK, but the gas valve (VR8345M) isn't opening. The Aquastat Relay (L8148E) tested 2.5V at terminals B1-B2, 120V at C1-C2, 120V at L1-L2, 24V at TV-T, and 24V at TV-Z. Is it possible to move my gas valve from B1-B2 to TV-Z without Consequence?

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Boiler

Don't do it. The gas valve will stay on all the time.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited November 2012
    24v

If you have 24v at TV & Z, you have 24v available for B1-B2. Either the relay contact or the high limit is preventing you.Between B2 and the blue wire on the hi-limit, if you dont have 24v, the relay contacts are open. Between B2 and the red wire on the hi-limit, if you dont have 24v, the hi-limit is open.
  • Bill_D
    Aquastat L8148E Problem Solved

Thx to JStar and Paul48  . After another assessment, I discovered the problem as a dried out/bad solder connection at terminal B1. 
  • Bill_D
    edited November 2012

• Bill_D
    edited November 2012

• Paul48
    Good Job

I didn't think of that one, but if you step through the circuit, it would show up.
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,459
    aquastat contacts

I have seen so many solder joint problems like this on oil controls that I have lost count. When I get on a job where the pump and or the burner won't run, I immediately check the output on the aquastat. Most likely there is no power on the b1 or c2 connections. Have had this problem since controls were shipped to mexico during nafta. I can almost close my eyes and point to the bad joint when I turn the board over.

Replace the control or repair it if you can handle the lawyers.

Rick 
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Saving Money:

But look at how much money they saved by moving to Mexico, and how many American jobs they eliminated. These are the Captains of American Industry. Who the frap do they think will buy their products when everyone in the USA is working three jobs at minimum wage and living in rented housing? While they get huge tax breaks and enjoy living wealthy in a third world country.

Do we celebrate the fact that we dropped out of the top 10 in worlds standard of living? That we are now in the top 20? Number 12, behind Ireland?

I needed information on a Honeywell Modutrol motor, Honeywell doesn't even have a Website to go to anymore. They tore down most of their plants in Minnesota and sold off their divisions to the Vulture Capitalists.

All the American developed technology, sold to the highest world bidder, never to return.

Nice plan Wall Street.
  • Paul48
    edited November 2012
    Sarcasm

Yes, but isn't it wonderful, that we are part of the World Economy. Maybe we can fast-track some more trade agreements with other Third World countries. We Americans must get use to having less, so the top 1% can have more, and create more jobs elsewhere. This could have come from either candidate, but during one debate, Romney said," If China doesn't play fair, I'll put the tarriffs back in place". That tells you, they understand why we have lost our jobs, and even when China is playing fair, we cannot compete with slave wages.
This discussion has been closed.