Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who will fix a leaky radiator supply pipe?

Options
EjG
EjG Member Posts: 1
I've just turned my heat on for the first time this season, and found that a supply pipe to the radiator in my bathroom is leaking. It started 2 years ago, but last year the leak seemed to be in remission, so I did not pursue repair. When I first had it diagnosed, I contacted the company that installed a new boiler for me. They said they didn't repair radiators so I called a plumber. He also said he didn't do that kind of work. The pipe is very rusty and will likely have to be replaced. So, my simple question is, what type of repair person should I call if both a heating tech and a plumber turned down the job?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    try this

Click the find a contractor tab at the top of the page to see if someone is in your area. Out west it seems that boiler work is handled more so by HVAC guys but in the midwest and east, plumbers seem to handle it.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Leak

I think the mentality of both contractors is ridiculous. A leak is a leak. Work is work. How can a company replace a boiler but not fix a leak? Crazy,

Hopefully, you find a good company through this website. Where are you located?
This discussion has been closed.