Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

analyzer

Kent_3
Kent_3 Member Posts: 60
Is there a better flue-gas analyzer out there?  Mine was expensive and it requires periodic rebuilding of the sensor medium (or something). I'm tired of the horribly expensive maintenance.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    UEI

I know, they've made some junk in the past.  The new Eagle X stuff is in a different league, and they're putting their money where their mouth is with a five year warranty covering calibration and sensors. 
  • Kent_3
    Kent_3 Member Posts: 60
    Looks interesting,

thank you.  Is there anything else out there?
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Bachrach

I have a Bachrach Fyrite "Insight". It has replaceable sensors and they are field replaceable. You can get in a program where they send you new sensors whether you need them or not. You program them into the device through the code on the sensors. You don't need to send them back.

It was less than $1200, came with a printer and I can download results to my laptop. I'm very happy with it.
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    edited November 2012
    Testo

Testo. I used almost all gas analyzers in the past 30 years. These are one of the best in my opinion
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 2,107
    Features?

What features should one look for when purchasing a combustion analyzer? I guess there are two basic categories. One is the side things such as length of warranty, sensor calibration and replacement etc. The second category is the actual function of the analyzer. I am in the market. Bulk of my work is natural gas. Thank you.

P.S. Obviously dependability is very important.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,348

President
    HeatingHelp.com

This discussion has been closed.