Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I'd say 'wye'

Found this charming not-so-common fitting while sorting out some scrap to turn in - if I wanted another one (which I don't, just now....) what would I ask for?

I'd call it a 1 x 3/4 x 3/4 copper wye, but what do I know? I showed it to a nameless counterman, and he said 'they don't make those'. Hmmmm.

Just curious.



  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 16,843

    the fitting manufacturers websites, sometimes you can find unusual fittings like that. Perhaps they could supply one sample piece?

    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    just different

    45° Wye C x C x C – Cast

    They are still made, but look different

    The one you posted you used to see in alot in baseboard systems, 1/2" basboard split runs with a common 3/4" return

    Some were even made with balancing butterflies in the branches.
This discussion has been closed.