Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DrPeppers still at it

Options
David Sutton_6
David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
Have not posted any pictures latly , we use to see new pictures almost everyday for some of the best installers, come on guys lets see some of that great work your doing out there !!

David

aka DrPepper

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    A few

A few
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    Where's the Soda Can?

I like these
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Pics

I would take pictures of the warm air but they are boring LOL
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    :)

Now thats what i'm talkin about !! Nice work,

This is what HO need to see, that there are companys out there with a passion for what they do !! Picture is worth a 1,000 words

David

aka DrPepper
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Options
    Great work guys !

Makes me a little shy to post my little rinky dink 2 zoners with a coil ............. lol ! 
  • R Mannino
    Options
    Dude

The Weil on the shelf takes the cake! I can't do that.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Nti

I like the Weil on the shelf too. I like to spread out.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Gerry Alder
    Gerry Alder Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Nice paint jobs

Great systems too . I am no painter, ask my bride. But is it much trouble to prep and paint your iron pipes?

Because that is over the top great lookin!

• R Mannino
    Options
    No Prep

with oil based Rustoleum, does need a day to dry though.
  • TonyS
    Options
    Is that Weil

one of those jobs you tell your customer to get the service contract from the oil company..LOL

Definitely looks like something I wouldn't want to clean.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Options
    Tony

I am the oil company .

And we don't walk away from challenges .

There's a few thousand boilers just like this in Levittown NY . This Weil is actually easier to service than what is originally in there .
  • Ron Jr._3
    Options
    Thanks Ron

and yes , I think you could do these no problemo ! 
  • TonyS
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Just looks rough to get

a brush through those sections. We have our own version of Levittownhere also.

Called the cherokee ranch homes, built by the railroad. Most of the radiant systems are gone now because they didnt have room for an expansion tank, so they piped the relief valve to a drain and used an automatic fill, fresh water killed most of the systems.

Same thing though, very very tight.
  • Radiator Ranger
    Radiator Ranger Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Recent Repair Pictures

Hello-

It is so great to see everyones good work here!

Because there are radiators at the end of these pipes, and people at the end of the radiators, (and because the leaks need real attention), I've been working on repairs on the distribution piping in our geothermal district heating system. Our heating infrastructure was installed between 25-30 years ago, is below grade and every trench reveals leaky mysteries previously unconsidered.... I'm including before and after images for context, and am interested in questions and feedback if you feel so inclined:

The first images are from the community side of the river and I was able to pull that 1/2" boiler drain free by hand with little encouragement. Those boiler drains were outside of the valve boxes and thus invisible and the main valves were accessible through a 12" - 18", at grade, valve box.

The second images are from the guest bathhouse - the largest source of toilets and heated bathing space for guests. The friction leak has a hole that I can fit the tip of my pinky into....

The last image is of cast iron radiators we've collected, refitted, had sandblasted and re-painted for installation into our heating system. We call the color Emerald Dream Green....

Glad to have access to this resource including your experience and expertise: I've learned so much here!!

Warmly,

Gwen Healy - Radiator Ranger

• Radiator Ranger
    Options
    The remaining images noted above are attached below:

Glad to have exposure to your collective expertise and thinking over time as it has influenced improvements in our system over time!! I don't always get it right, but I'm getting better in the meantime...Thank You(s)!!! We have a lot more work to do here to demonstrate industry best practices; in the meantime, we are making good (if not slow) progress.

Warmly,

Radiator Ranger

• Radiator Ranger
    Options
    Radiato Ranger Still At It...

I'm going to try agin...A Warm Thank You to all that have warmed and informed before me!!!

This discussion has been closed.