Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Smoke detectors?

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
I realize this isn't the best forum for this, or maybe it is.  I'm looking at replacing a bunch of cheap battery powered smoke detectors in our house with interconnected ones and really need some opinions.

I see the typical First Alert and BRK ones and of course Kidde ones.  Now to make things more confusing they are also selling "rate of rise" heat detectors.

My house is wired for 120V interconnected detectors already (120v + trigger I guess).  The only reason it doesn't have them is the seller we bought from put in whatever he could buy the cheapest.

Whats everyones opinion on this?  I'm doing three floors, basement, 1st and 2nd floor.  Attic is staying non-interconnected for now as its not wired for it, yet.  Boiler in the basement is natural gas if it matters.

Do I want smoke? Dual sensor smoke? heat?
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• freddrow2002
    freddrow2002 Member Posts: 18
    honeywell

i use honeywell smoke/co detectors. they are battery operated and wireless connect. so when one goes off they all go off. they are english spanish they beep and say. get out fire then in spanish. or beep and say co get out then in spanish.
This discussion has been closed.