Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New 2 U !

rabbit
rabbit Member Posts: 2
Hello all, I'm a energy auditor student and am currently taking heating system and cooling systems classes, I'm amazed at ALL you guys/gals have to know and deal with on a daily basis! I really admire the level of skill and knowledge you have along with people-skills you have. I'd like to know what do you think of solar thermal heating ?    thanx alot for time,  bunny.

Comments

• TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    My opinion

Thermal solar for domestic is very good for the simple reason you need domestic hot water all year round. Thermal solar for heating, its costly, complex, and the space used for the panels would be better filled with photovoltaics. The electric produced used for frequency driven inverter heat pumps. Whether they are water to water or air to water or even air to air. The new micro inverter systems let you add on as you can afford and each panel produces independent of the others.

I am not sold on the heat pump water heaters as a stand alone but they would make a good backup for the domestic solar. I live in southeastern PA , I am sure the guys in North Carolina and Main will have different opinions.
This discussion has been closed.