Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham alpine noise

Options
sovavto
sovavto Member Posts: 15
On a new install of Burnham Alpine 105 wall hung boiler, I notice that there's a loud rumbling (or humming) noise when the boiler starts up.

I do not believe this is normal. The plumber/gasfitter who installed it says he has done everything by the book and is not sure what is causing the noise during lighting/startup. The 3" pvc exhaust and intake seem to be positioned properly and are about 5 feet long total (the boiler hangs near an ouside wall through which the exhaust/intake are routed).

The noise is fairly highly pitched and loud. The noise goes away after about 10-15 seconds. After that the boiler operates quietly.

Any ideas what can be causing such startup noise?

Comments

• Jason_13
    Jason_13 Member Posts: 304
    Options
    noises

Sounds like the boiler quits down when the fan changes speeds. If the O2 is not set properly tghis could be the problem. Shoot for 5.6% to 6% O2
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    Combustion results

Post the combustion test results in both high and low fire...Proper adj , by the book may help...Should it not, I suggest call U S Boiler tech   those guys are pretty darn good,at what they do...However the first thing they will ask was the job done by the book....COMBUSTION TEST AND ADJUSTMENT...I am sure your installer can help
  • sovavto
    sovavto Member Posts: 15
    Options
    consensus

sounds like the consensus is that it is a comb ustion / adjustment issue. i will pass this on to the installer to make sure he looks this up in the I&O manual.

thanks.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    hopefully

Hopefully this was done on the install, ask for the initial findings and settings....Secondly make sure you follow the h/o guide and have that unit serviced as required...If a tech  comes  in without a combustion analyzer he in my opinion is doing nothing....Boilers come with initial start up checklists and must be followed to the exact text. often there is a sheet to fill out...Very simple... 
This discussion has been closed.