Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vaillant conversion question

Options
bluehen33
bluehen33 Member Posts: 3
Hello All,

I am so glad I found this site today.  First time post for me, so please be gentle.

I just moved into a home a few months back, and have some time to turn my attention to the boiler.  My house was originally a natural gas home, however the previous owner was in the oil business, and had the house converted. Good thing is, the gas feeds are right there.  Just need to pull them down!

A good friend of mine was over last night, and we were talking about how some boilers are convertable to gas feed systems.  It can be as easy as changing out a nozzle he tells me.  Well, as much as I respect my friends opinion, I would like to get the opinion of some professionals, hence I turn to you all.

The boiler I have, installed in 1995, is a Vaillant Model F100-45 HE. 

I am sure this is not the most efficient boiler, and I could get much more bang for my buck with a new boiler.  However, I am of the firm belief that things should be used until they are unusable.  My last car died with close to 300k miles...  Just trying to see if I can squeeze some more life out of this boiler, and save a few bucks on the fuel prices.

Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    You may....

be able to change out the oil burner... for a gas burner. There is a wee bit more to it than just a "nozzle". It is up to the burner mfg. to see if there in a tube available. Carlin EZ gas is one choice. Riello is another. A Midco legacy is a 3rd. You may need to line the chimney.
  • bluehen33
    Options
    OK...

So I currently have a Rielo burner (the red box on the front of the Valliant boiler, I am assuming?).  This is the system I would need to replace with a gas burner???
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yes

Is there a stainless liner in the chimney? Contact Carlin, and provide them with the boiler model. I'm usually able to find information about a boiler, but am having no luck with that one.All searches lead back to the UK, and no info, even on Vaillants site.
  • bluehen33
    Options
    Yes

Yes, I do have a stainless steel liner in the chimney. I appreciate your help. I'll make some calls tomorrow, and see what I can find out.
This discussion has been closed.