Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless pinnicale

Options
AFred
AFred Member Posts: 81
Went on a no heat/no hot water tonight.

Its a PI-80rev1, It had a f31 error(parameter memory). The rep says replace the board.

I was wondering if anyone knew if any munchkin boards were interchangeable with the rev1 pinnacle? I might have an easier time getting a munchkin board.

Thanks

-Andy

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Pinnacle

I believe that the only difference between the Munchkin and Pinnacle is the name. Everything else is exactly the same.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Pinnicle Vs. Munchkin:

I believe you are correct. The one big difference is that Munchkin parts are usually easier and cheaper to get.
  • AFred
    Options
    Pinnacle

That's the point, I have more options of wholesalers if I'm looking for munchkin parts. I know you can interchange the gas valves, blower, ignitor, flame sensor, ect. But peerless had 4 differant boards, I think. I'm not sure witch would be the same in the munchkin. I think its time to look up some munchkin manuals. I was hoping I would find somebody on here that has done this with the boards.

Thanks

-Andy
  • AFred
    Options
    Follow-up

I know you guys love to hear the story's end.

So I did find a Munchkin board that would be identical minus some stickers, at 80% of the price of the Peerless part. Heres the kicker, my wholesaler told me there would be no warranty on it. So I did find the peerless board in stock locally and it has a warranty.

Moral; Cover your butt!

-Andrew
This discussion has been closed.