Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

System Upgrade Navien vs. Budurus?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am a homeowner with a choice between 2 options and would like to hear some advice/options on them.

I have a 2800 sq ft 1957 split house in NJ with decent insulation, updated windows etc, with natural gas powered AO Smith water heater and a 1973 100K BTU Utica boiler. There are 2 zones of baseboard (1st/Basement and 2nd floor). It has 4 BR, 2 BA, 1 Kit, 1 LR, 1 DR

We had a flood that killed the units and I have 2 quotes with differing technologies.

Quote 1: Navien Combi unit vented to side wall providing heat and DHW, new pumps and other items $6200

Quote 2: Burdurus 100 BTU Bud GC 124/411 gas water boiler and Bud S120 32 gal. indirect HW tank (and pumps etc) $7350

The house will likely be a residential rental, and I would like a reliable, good performing system that will just run. Both installers seem competent and know their materials and craft.

I would lean toward the Navien, but my concerns are maybe:

- not enough power to heat house during very cold spells (0-20F)

- with the on demand DHW be able to support a 5 person family with showers, laundry, etc...

- is this unit and technology mature enough to be reliable and a good performer?

- DWH lag - will i be waiting for DHW everytime i want to wash hands?

The burderus is reputable brand and I have an indirect setup in my own home (munchkin and TT), which basically has unlimited DHW. My concerns are:

- cost, my problem, but it is more expensive

- additional cost if we need to get a chiminey liner (TBD)

- more parts to the system to break.

So, I would appreciate your views on this. I know you wont comment on price.

But any feedback to help me decide would be much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!