Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Deaerators

Options
Tony Massi
Tony Massi Member Posts: 86
I was told that it's illegal to install an oil deaerator ( tiger loop) inside of a house. They can only be installed on the outside of a building. This is because of the fumes it gives off while venting may be harmful. I guess this would mean basements are off limit also.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Tails:

Sounds prognostications from someone who doesn't like Tigerloops and doesn't understand how they work.

More mis-information from the land of the know nothings.

The same ones who use the universal oil burner nozzle in every application they come to. A  70 degree hollow nozzle. No matter what was in there and was working fine. Doesn't need a combustion analyzer, and can "set" any flame by eye, better than any stinkin' machine. Because they are so experienced.
  • Burntoacrisp
    Burntoacrisp Member Posts: 20
    Options
    TigerLoop

Oh yes! I am gagging on the fumes in my basement as I write this. What a bunch of misinformed BS. Super product. I just wish it was a little more long lived.
This discussion has been closed.