Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Newbie with no heat

Options
Bear w/ me guys as I unfamiliar with the lingo.  I've got an oil burner with a domestic coil, and a two zone central heat and air.  One air handler in basement for the  1st fl and an air handler in the attic for the 2nd fl.  1st fl works fine,  2nd fl therm set for heat, the fan comes on, but cold air only and the boiler does not kick on.  I switched the therms, same problem.  I set the 2nd fl therm to call for heat, fan comes on but cool air only.With the attic air handler fan running, I disconnected voltage to the fan to feel the pump running, which it is.  In the basement, I find the riser to the attic air handler down in the bsmt and it is cool just a few from the boiler.  The only devices I can find in the loop is a B&G flow check on the riser and a ball valve, then a bib valve, then another ball valve on the return. Worked fine last heating season here in northeast PA.  Any ideas? 

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    could be a few things

What is the pressure on the boiler? Is there zone valves or circs? Air in zone? Isolation valve in line shut off?  Need pics and more info
This discussion has been closed.