Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honewell 7224U, AquaReset and DHW priority

Options
russiand
russiand Member Posts: 73
I am considering adding the AquaReset control to my existing 7224U. 7224U's documentation is very sparse on documenting how it works with the AquaReset module. I assume that it controls the burner via B1 B2 and the pump via the C1 and C2 based on the outdoor sensor and aquastats own immersion well bulb readings. Currently my Taco ZVC (non-exp) is doing priority for the hot water and interacts with the 7224U via the TT terminals. My circulator is connected to C1 and C2 on the 7224U. In the manual for 7224U they mention using the ZR terminal to inform 7224U of DHW demand. Does this mean that I can use the priority end swith on my ZVC to tell 7224U with AquaReset DHW is calling and have it fire to full high limit at all times? If yes how is the ZR terminal wired in this case?

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Yes

Wire 110V to the common terminal and the ZR to the N/O terminal
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Options
    Are you using

a zone valve for the indirect ? 
  • russiand
    russiand Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Yep

I am uzing a 1" Taco EBV for the indirect. A single Taco 007 circ does it all for me, so far it's been working great. DHW is on priority. I may end up going to a dedicated circ for the indirect eventually as that seems to be the preferred way, but seems like some pros do it this way as well. 
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Preferred?

It may be "preferred" by those who have "always done it that way" but as your experience has proven it works just fine!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.